Episode One: Morality, Conflict And Social Politics
Guest Host: Harold Burnett
Date aired: Sept 11th, 2015
The Transparency of Morality
The Internet leaves no stone unturned. We are moving into a world of ultra surveillance. Once an anonymous landscape, the internet is now a place of ultra visibility to the secret lives of everyone we think we know and love...
- Mariah Carey needs to pose, f*ck those kid Vine:
- Hulk Hogan's 2007 sex tape and the 2015 racist discovery:
- Jared from Subway is caught in a child pornography scandal:
- Ashley Madison is hacked having us question all of our friends and loved ones:
Conflict on the Internet
The media has always conveyed celebrity, diplomat, human strife but the Internet provides a personal view of human aggression. Does active audience participation change the way society engages in conflict?
- Philadelphians destroy a hitchhiking robot:
- Meek Mills and Drake have a classic rap beef in an untraditional way:
- Nicki Minaj vs Taylor Swift. The twitter fights continue:
- Lexi, Ferguson, MI and Fall Out Boy:
Politics and Social Media
How many people have you unfollowed on Facebook this political season? Has the internet made way for 3rd party views? Is the political atmosphere more transparent? Do we just want to mash our cats and our future presidents?
- Donald Trump is making headway through the Republican Party. These trump cat memes aren't slowing him down:
- Hillary Clinton takes a stab at being popular by hanging with friends' the Wests:
- Kanye 2020:
- Facebook's new people's president Bernie Sanders and #Blacklivesmatter: