Episode Two: Fandom, Body Image & Female Equality
Guest Host: Georgie Gibbs
Date aired: Sept 23rd, 2015
The Evolution of Fandom: Has social media made our relationships with celebrities more personal?
- A fan knits Taylor Swift a sweater:
- Miss Piggy and Kermit are splitsville, USA:
- Kylie Jenner starts anti-bullying campaign #iammorethan:
- AND if that wasn't enough Kylie Jenner for you... here is her beauty regiment:
Buzzfeed & Body Positivity: The Internet is challenging former beauty standards. A majority of the content online is user generated, helping dismantle body shamming, or so it seems:
- Instructional video on construction the McGang Bang:
- Manderandpoopoo the Youtube star:
- And here is some folks photoshopping plus-size women to be thin. AKA Project Harpoon:
omen's Equality: There have been many social causes that have benefited from the Internet's visibility, why not women's equality?
- Britney is back! And supposedly is happy because of the d*ck:
- Alabama Sorority Recruitment Goes Viral:
To listen to episode 2 with guest host Georgie Gibbs go here.